Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Journal


Watching documentaries and blogging about them was so flippin’ cool! Seriously, I think this setup was innovative and current, helps to educate and integrate students that aren’t as tech savvy, relate to the average young adult, encourage peer interaction and give insight into all kinds of different writing styles by reading our classmates pieces. Your documentary choices were superb, in that they were shocking, educational and broad enough that we were able to pull many different topics from the film. I’m thankful you chose the documentaries you did; we’re all walking away better people because of it. My only suggestion is that you give your students a free right at the beginning of class. I remember in ENC1101 you allowed us to do this through our journals. Maybe before peer critiques or documentaries we could hand write in our own journals. I don’t know, there’s just something about writing on paper and in a silent classroom that gives you the courage to string words together that you wouldn’t typically string. I also feel that my journal’s in 1101 were the reason I felt comfortable enough to share my work, because I had time to myself to explore me and write about anything. However, meeting Chris Gass made up for our lack of journals, so I’m O.K with it after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment